Baked Apple with Maple Syrup, Pecans, and Raisins
- 6 Apples
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup pecans
- ¼ cup of raisins
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Peel and core the apples, put the apples in acidulated water while you make the filling.
- Mix together the pecans, raisins, half the maple syrup and salt. Stuff each apple with the mixture so it heaps out of the top.
- Brush the outside of each apple with the remaining maple syrup, place the apples on parchment-lined hotel pan and into the oven for 30 minutes, or until toothpick tender.
- Brush the outside of each apple with maple syrup several times while baking.
Optional Garnish: lemon zestPrint This Page